• Join us today and give your child the education they deserve! Our schools offer a supportive and inclusive environment where students can thrive and reach their full potential. With experienced teachers and a diverse range of programs, your child will have everything they need to succeed. Enroll now and be a part of our community of lifelong learners.

Registration Packet Instructions

  • Tk/K - Grade 12 Registration packets are available at all DNUSD schools and the District Office located at 301 W. Washington Blvd., Crescent City. Staff at each school office can provide all of the forms and information required to enroll your child in school. 

    For Preschool Registration information, please click on the box to the right, "Preschool Information"

    To complete Tk/K - Grade 12 registration, you must pick up a registration packet and submit registration materials at your home school. For more information, please call your child's home school. Click here for a list of all district schools...

    Documents to bring with you when registering your child:

    1. Birth Certificate or proof of age
    2. Immunization record (Click Here Immunization Information)
    3. Proof of residence within the district, residence Documents is Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students
    • To provide proof of residence, you must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
      • Property tax receipts for the current residence
      • Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction, a title/deed or signed sale or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. Additionally, a current Pacific Power bill that indicates the location of service, or a mortgage payment must be presented to the school within six months.
      • Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name. Additionally, two consecutive months of a current Pacific Power bill in the parent/guardian name must be presented to the school within two months.
    • and you must also produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
      • Parent/guardian’s motor vehicle registration with current residence
      • Parent/guardian’s driver’s license with current residence
      • Court documents indicating current residence
      • Payment verification (paid invoice, credit card receipt, cashed check) for 2 consecutive months of 2 of the following utilities: gas, electricity, water, or garbage for the current residence must be presented within 2 months of enrollment
      • Rent payment receipts for 2 consecutive months for the current residence must be presented within 2 months of enrollment
    • Documentation from the Department of Human Assistance with current residence


    • All students entering 7th grade must provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.  (Click Here for Immunization Information)



    Under state law, the District annually reviews the enrollment options available to pupils within the district. The District strives to maintain available enrollment options that meet the diverse needs, potential, and interests of California pupils. Homeless students shall be immediately enrolled and, to the extent feasible, placed in their school of origin unless otherwise requested by their parent/guardian. In the case of an unaccompanied youth, the district liaison to the homeless shall assist in placement or enrollment decisions. If, after enrollment, it is determined that a student is not homeless as defined in the law, the district will follow policies in place to address fraud.